Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Optimism is key, folks.

I have a stomach bug. Who even knows what it is? All I know is that it isn't normal and that it gives me hypochondria. I even imagined my entire body was covered in a rash last night which really was only on the tops of my hands. (Don't ask, I don't have answers.)

I have come up with two good things about this illness.
#1- Instead of gaining weight over Thanksgiving break, I actually lost weight. That isn't to say that I wasn't packing in the food at one point. It's just that after gaining weight, I lost it all and then a little.
#2- Our medicine cabinet is now fully stocked for any number of stomach problems and pain. We are prepared you guys. If you get sick and all the stores are closed, you know who to call.

I'm not even going to mention the ridiculous prices of said medicine, the money we had to fork over to doctors with no answers, the more money we are going to have to fork over for a follow up dr. appointment, OR the money I haven't been making as I've been missing work. Who even cares?! Money grows on trees right? Right.

Aside from the sickness, and before it hit, we had a lovely Thanksgiving #1 and #2. Lots of food, lots of family. We put up our Christmas decor, listened to Christmas music, and even scored on some laundry detergent and batteries at Walgreens on Black Friday. Walgreens of all places. Who knew?

Alright, thanks guys. And don't let your dads eat pie!