Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gratitude.

Prompted by a blog I follow, I felt like I should list some things that I'm grateful for lately. You see, I've been far from grateful lately and it sure makes life hard. A smart lady said, "Learning gratitude turns everything into enough." I believe it, but I've got a lot of work to do.

1. I'm thankful to have a job. I might dread going to work and weekends might feel much too short, but it's a blessing to be able to earn money and to be self-sufficient. Taking time off work for BYS and a family reunion really showed Ammon and I that we might take our jobs for granted a bit. Money is a need, and I'm thankful to have it.

2. I'm thankful to live in Boise. We have practically all of our family nearby. We have all we need within driving distance. And Boise has the best empanada shop I've ever met.

3. I'm thankful for family. The good thing about family is that they are like automatic friends. I'm not very good at making new friends so if I didn't have family I'd be at a loss. ;) But it's also such a blessing that I have such a COOL family. I consider my siblings and my sibling-in-laws my BFFLs. Word.

4. I'm thankful to be a woman. Feeling a baby move inside of me is the coolest thing ever. The bond I feel with my baby girl already is the sweetest new experience. I wouldn't trade this for the ease of peeing in the forest any day.

5. I'm thankful for the things that I know. Somebody said in church on Sunday that the knowledge we have of the gospel far surpasses the things we have.  I needed to hear that to remind me that all the things I've been worried about not having don't matter. Life isn't about buying a perfect little house or having a cute wardrobe.

What are you thankful for lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ditto to #3
LOL #4
:)

valerie said...

What a great post! I for one needed a good reminder to remember the awesomeness that is around me. Love you as always and totally loved getting to see you and your cute bump on Sunday :)