Let me clarify something for you before you get the wrong idea. Pregnancy has NOT flown by. And if you haven't been pregnant, or are still under the illusion that pregnancy is 9 months, let me tell you something. You're pregnant for approximately 10 months. Not 9. TEN. That's 2 less than a full year. And sometimes it's more than 10. But heaven help me if I get to that point. So anyway, don't let this spirit of "Holy cow we're at the end?!" make you think that it snuck up on me. I've been fully aware of time and my big body and my limited mobility and the twisting, turning, kicking monkey inside my belly. But reality is setting in. Sometimes I wake up in the night and imagine our little girl is sleeping soundly in her bassinet by the bed rather than dancing inside of me. I think of how in a few days or weeks I will be a parent for the rest of my life. It will no longer be just Ammon and I. Midnight taco runs will be much less appealing or do-able. Or maybe they'll be more appealing and we'll more often be awake at midnight than we are now? Sweet.
BUT goodness. I'm so excited! I was going to say that I'm excited to be a mom, but I already am one. It's much easier now when all I really have to do is eat to take care of my baby. But she's there, and I talk to her, and I don't feel like it's just me when I'm alone. So I'm definitely already feeling like a mom. But I need cheeks to kiss and hands to hold and the endless newborn snuggles! Yes yes yes!
1 comment:
Tamra, you are going to be such a great mama! Can't wait to see that cute girl!
Post a Comment