Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fall Fun!

We are loving the cooler weather. And the cheaper power bills ;) I LOVE the sky in the fall. The clouds and the later sunrises/earlier sunsets offer plenty of beautiful sights. One morning I looked out my bedroom window at this and felt like I was in a beach house. Sigh...

Speaking of houses, we love ours. We've been learning a lot as we've had to tackle lots of new projects. I'm pretty much a pro now at replacing sprinkler heads and caulking baseboards. 
On Labor day we actually had work to do! (because when you live in an apartment there's no yard work and hardly any home projects to do) We had a tree/weed to tackle, plant barrels to move, and sprinklers to replace. It was awesome. We also started painting our interior walls!
This is probably one of my favorite pictures ever.


All of our walls, trim, and doors are the exact same color...yellowing off-white. Bleh. On my birthday we went to Lowe's and bought paint and supplies to begin to take on the massive project of painting. We are doing our walls a light gray and the trim and doors a true white. We have about half of our downstairs finished. It looks funny and we keep saying we need to do more but we hate painting. And we're grown-ups and this is our house so we can leave it however we want! #adultperks
 In our kitchen was this bare wall, in the yucky off-white color. I stained this wood bar shelf (my first time staining!), we painted the wall, and I attempted a gallery-style wall. I say attempted because I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with it yet. But I think it'll grow on me. Yay for our first complete project!

Raelan started preschool in September. She's loving it. She learned to spell her name and is having lots of fun. Brynlee and I enjoy having some 1 on 1 time. We can shop without the girls fighting, or play without them fighting over me. Haha. It's a nice break.

 She laid out her outfit for school the night before her first day. Sidenote: she chose that shirt and I knew she would hate it because it has 3/4 sleeves. But I didn't say anything. The next day she put it on and guess what? She hated it.
Cutie.

With the cooler weather we have also had plenty of sickness. Snot galore! Yuck.
But we're so excited for the holidays. Raelan is going to be a spider for Halloween. She found a spider costume at my parents house that my brother wore when we was like 4, and she's very excited. 
We played around with face paint one day while the girls were home sick. 

Sometimes these two cuties get along and it makes me so happy. Brynlee loves to give Raelan hugs, and Raelan just eats it up. Today we were driving and Bryn was getting fussy. Raelan said, "It's ok, you can hold my hand." And then they held hands for like 10 minutes while my heart melted.

 Halloween has been a very exciting topic around here. We've had lots of fun celebrating fall and doing some fun traditions. We went to Linder Farms. The girls loved it (except when we tried to force Raelan to go on the swing ride...ugh she would've loved it I just know she would've!) The corn box was all of our favorites. Ammon and I were the only parents to get in. We like to live life.
 Brynlee loved the animals. I included this picture to prove I still exist. 

 I think she looks like one of those precious moments kids in this pic. I just adore her. Look at those eyes.

 We had our annual Family Fall Fest. We carved pumpkins, watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (Rae's first time watching Harry Potter...she was pretty into it!), had cookies and hot cocoa. So fun. Rae chose the ghost pumpkin and Ammon did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brynlee was disgusted when I tried to make her play with the pumpkin guts. 

Raelan had her first ever Primary Program. It was so exciting! She had her part memorized for weeks but I just knew she wouldn't say it into the microphone. I was worried she wouldn't even sit up on the stand with her class. She impressed me and sat up there, though was the only one who wouldn't stand for the songs. But she walked up to the microphone and... her teacher said her part for her. I was so surprised and proud of what she did do though. My mom said that her kids were the ones who were too scared to say their parts. 

We bought a car! After spending hundreds of dollars this summer on seemingly constant car issues, we finally decided to seriously shop for a newer car. We found an amazing deal on a newer/low miles car and we did it! Ammon gets to drive it and he's so so happy. He went from a 1996 Jetta to a 2014 Jetta. 18 years newer! Woot! I don't have a picture yet, we just got it yesterday :)


No comments: