Written by: Tam
I have a little bit o' Spring Fever and I started feeling discouraged that it's only February. One day I had the brilliant idea to camp out in our backyard! So we planned our event for this Friday. Ammon was a little hesitant (maybe because he is older and wiser than I am) but he humored me quite well, and he even got the stuff for s'mores. We proceeded with our "camping trip" by setting up the tent and preparing our thick, "warm" sleeping bags.

We then built the fire in our fireplace inside, and although neither of us were hungry for s'mores, I roasted a marshmallow...
I have a little bit o' Spring Fever and I started feeling discouraged that it's only February. One day I had the brilliant idea to camp out in our backyard! So we planned our event for this Friday. Ammon was a little hesitant (maybe because he is older and wiser than I am) but he humored me quite well, and he even got the stuff for s'mores. We proceeded with our "camping trip" by setting up the tent and preparing our thick, "warm" sleeping bags.
We then built the fire in our fireplace inside, and although neither of us were hungry for s'mores, I roasted a marshmallow...
We then dressed in layers, gathered almost every blanket we own, and marched outside to brave the cold. (We even had matching headlights to light our path).
Well....I'm sorry to say that at 5 AM I felt brave no more. Me: "Honey, are you cold?" Ammon: "mmmm?" Me: "Are you cold?" Ammon: "....Yes...." Me: "Can we please go inside?" Ammon: "Yes." So we ran as fast as we could through the cold and into our warm, cozy, comfy bed. I think I can wait a couple months before camping again.
2 comments:
hahaha seriously camping?! You guys are nuts. yay, you are an old married lady, welcome to the club :)
I love me some bloggin friends!
Lol! Love the marshmallow! You just have the wrong sleeping bags for camping that cold. In a few months we'll go camping with you!
Post a Comment