Saturday, June 16, 2012

Being grown up

I feel ever so trapped in this Boise place and have been dying to GO SOMEWHERE. Ammon and I discussed going to the Oregon coast for the 4th of July long weekend. We figure since a baby is on the way, now is our last chance to just pick up and go play. Last night we were a click away from booking a hotel when we allowed ourselves to have second thoughts and postpone booking it. After our second thoughts we decided to make a car payment. Then we did some other stuff involving paying bills and other gross things and then we decided to be all responsible and grown up and forget about going on a trip. I crumpled up the plans I had written down and tossed them in the trash along with my hopes and dreams. (Ok, so it really wasn't that dramatic...)

So you know what?! We're going to the circus next weekend. No stopping it. And we'll probably even go to  Tango's. Because what's a good date night without empanadas? And Tango's makes me feel like Boise is an ok place to get stuck in. So do circuses.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your thirst for adventure. May it survive the necessary evils of adulthood. Maybe it can eat those evils for supper :)