Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Current Adventures

I used to post about fun things that we did and blah blah. Lately there isn't much to post about. So maybe we aren't adventuring in the typical sense, but we are currently experiencing some pretty legit adventures.

Adventure #1: Trying to survive without milk, eggs, bread, and pretty much all other staple foods because momma doesn't have time to grocery shop. I'm hungry. I'm currently living off of homemade protein bars and clementine oranges. Wilting clementine oranges.

Adventure #2: Living in treacherous conditions. A clean house is a luxury of the past. It doesn't matter if I start to clean it, I'll never finish before the baby demands my attention again and it'll never stay clean for more than 5 poopy diapers or 3 changes of clothes or 2 feedings. Yes, I'm living in the baby standard time zone.

Adventure #3: Social awkwardness to the extreme. It's a battle to not sound/look/feel like a freak around humans my own age. In fact, I avoid social interaction as much as I crave it. For example, I'm blogging instead of going grocery shopping while I have the chance. This is all because my hair looks bad and I'm afraid I'll see someone I know, not because I just plain hate grocery shopping. BUT I also realllly want to get out of the house and act like normal people do. Brain battle.

So basically, life is oober exciting and everybody wishes they were me. I didn't even mention the adventures of transitioning Raelan from sleeping in her car seat to sleeping in her bassinet or of trying (to no avail) to get her to take a bottle once in a while. I just didn't want to overwhelm anyone with the extreme excitement over here.

Now let's be honest, it's no picnic. A picnic would require a sandwich. And we don't have the ingredients for such a treat. But there is this:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a sweet mama Tamra and that little girl is beautiful. Good luck with all your baby adventures. We are rooting for you guys. :)

Brittany said...

Lol, I remember those days :)