Monday, May 16, 2011

Gardens

Today I'm feeling adventurous...so I colored the font Purple.  
Ammon blogged. Isn't that stellar? I didn't even ask him to. He just all of a sudden said "How do I post on our blog?" So I showed him. He did a fine job didn't he? It's true, we went paintballing. Ammon was pro. It really really hurts to get hit with a paintball.

Ammon and I need ideas for fun (and free) things to do on the weekends and in the evenings. Do share please. I do love our home, but gosh I'm getting sick of being in it. Know what I mean? I'm so glad it's getting warm.
I've changed the font to green because I am going to talk about gardening. It's fun! Last year I didn't have anywhere to garden, so I purchased Rubbermaid storage bins and soil and created my very own mini-gardens.
 

The left is a Zucchini plant. If you can grow a zucchini plant in a storage bin, you can grow anything. Peas, radishes, carrots, and cilantro were all a part.
This year I have a real live garden. It is much more work. Here is what it looked at before I started...
WASTELAND
And 4 hours later...
So far I have planted Peas, carrots, lettuce, tomato plants, and flowers.
I have been waiting for warmth to plant zucchini, cantaloupe, green onions, cilantro, corn, and "take 2" of the tomato plants.
PEAS & SAD TOMATO PLANT (featuring Gimli) below:
Gimli is doing a fine job out there.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Like alfredo sauce on your pasta? Try adding Cajun seasoning to the sauce and adding cajun spiced chicken to the side! It's delicious. :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

One of our favorite spots to go is Albertson's Park. When you walk through the park there you are so surrounded in nature that it is really hard to believe that you are in downtown Boise. We have seen a fox there...and turtles...and deer.

Another fun spot is the MK Nature Center, also downtown Boise. It is fun to do the nature walk and they also have displays and activities if the building is open.

Eagle Island is fun if you want a lazy time in the sand and sun...there is a small fee for parking since it is a state park. Lucky peak is also nice.

We've been playing a fun game lately called Munchkin...come on over and play...free, I promise. :)

valerie said...

I've got some pretty stinkin adorable kids that would LOVE someone to come play with them :) (just sayin)

You and justin both killed tomato plants this year! not cool, again, just sayin.

I am proud of your love for your garden :)