Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life "Rocks".

This weekend was swell. We changed it up on date night and did some bike-riding and some....rock painting! Why did we paint rocks? For the garden! I decided the seeds and plants might need reminders of what they are suppose to grow into.

Guess which ones Ammon did? We had fun. Our garden looks like an Easter egg hunt waiting to happen.

Sometimes I wish someone would paint rocks to remind me what I'm suppose to grow into. I've been thinking a lot about that lately. What am I meant to become? I think I might bust out the paints again and make some rocks for ME. What would your rocks say?

Ammon and I have taken great interest in Moon Sand. Sometimes when we are bored, we grab our never-ending Target giftcard and go to Target to buy a little something that strikes our interest. On one of our more recent trips we bought Moon Sand. I had to really talk Ammon into it. (Come on! It was only $5). Guess who didn't want to put it away after playing with it for a whole 2 hours?


Today I am wondering: Why is that when you decide to eat more healthy, your next grocery visit costs like 20 dollars extra? It's no wonder America is getting fat.




2 comments:

Krista said...

Make a rock for our place! We just need one giant one that says "Weeds."

I don't know what my own rock would say. I think it would change as the years go on. Or as my mood changes. Hmmm. You got me thinking. You're an old soul Tamra.

And what the holly hannah is moon sand?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the healthy food thing—fresh fruits and veggies are so expensive!! But I guess we're saving on doctor's bills later?

love the rock idea. what you said reminded me of this quote I came across the other day:

"Your own North Star is not a place but a state of being. It is the state in which you are fully—and only—yourself. You may cover a million miles on the way, but ultimately you will come to see that all along, your own North Star has been, simply, you. You are the best destination you could possibly imagine or experience."

I like the idea that I'm supposed to grow into the best version of my unique, authentic self. Not that I always know who that is!