Sunday, July 10, 2011

Camping!

We went camping for Ammon's birthday. It was so much fun!
We went and walked around McCall, then set up camp at Ponderosa State Park. It is so beautiful up there and the campsites were lovely. We explored a bit and Ammon was so excited about the huge rocks to climb. So we climbed. I'm scared of heights and sometimes get paranoid of people getting hurt (especially when we don't have cell service). BUT we had a great time! After a while I decided to sit and let Ammon jump around because I could tell I was slowing him down...and he was just so excited. So I took pictures of him. :)

 He's a natural. (And oh, so handsome!)

We're funny.

After climbing, we went back to McCall to eat at the Pancake house. Gotta love that place. There was a little storm while we were eating, but by the time we got back to camp it was clear again. We built a fire, had s'mores, and Ammon enjoyed a birthday donut with trick candles. (And of course I sang to him!)

The next morning we had a knife throwing lesson and played "knife-throwing-P.I.G."
I actually got it to stick a couple times. Just call me a ninja. 

We then decided to go enjoy the nearby beach. If you only knew how cold the water is...
Wading in was NOT an option. It was an all or nothing kind of situation.
So we jumped and nearly died.
I spent a total of 2 seconds in that water (but hey, I did it!).
We decided to remove boating from our agenda.
 The beach was beautiful though!

Ammon made a stellar drip castle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ammon - drip castle master craftsman :)