Thursday, September 29, 2011

Harry Potter

I may or may not be convinced that I, too, am a wizard (well technically a witch, but I think 'wizard' sounds cooler than 'witch'). I finished the books and I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I feel like J.K. Rowling could have written lots more about what happened during the 19 years that she skipped. 19 years! Don't just skip it! Does she not realize that I am thoroughly invested in the lives of the characters and missing 19 years of their lives is torture?!

On a happier note, the last two nights I have dreamt of being on the run with Hermione and Ron searching for Horcruxes. Is my brain the coolest or what?

Spoiler alert!:
Also, I am deeply troubled at the idea of George living a life without Fred. Seriously. Who does Rowling think she is not updating us on the mental/emotional well-being of George? For all we know he could be suffering in St. Mungo's from madness. My word.

One time my brother made butterbeer. It wasn't very good. It had too much butter in it.

Okay enough ranting. One more shift until the weekend. Phew. And Utah, here we come!

(p.s. My patronus is a Raven. Facebook told me.)

1 comment:

valerie said...

Had you never read all the books before? I am shocked!
I also read book after book until the sad end and yes there are many mixed emotions when you finally finish and its over. It is totally like you don't know what else to think about (or your mind can't turn off the potter craze) Good times I tell ya.
DO you get to go to conference?! Jealous. Enjoy all your kid free conference time while it lasts! (which I hope in your case it lasts a long time cause you are a youngin) cause I miss those blessed days of quiet :)
love your sweet face.