Saturday, October 8, 2011

Growing up

Check this out:
You might recognize the stars of the video. You guessed it...I'm a parkourer. Go ahead and like it. We're well on our way to fame and fortune. Rebecca Black might even let us parkour in her next video.

My mom said this: "That's my fully grown married daughter" (with slight distaste in her tone). Here's what I think... (and this isn't to argue with my dear mother, but to make me feel better because I felt slightly guilty for a little today)... Just because we grow up and get married and stuff, there's no rulebook that says "OH PS, you can't Parkour or do anything that makes you laugh hysterically and also makes you famous on Youtube". But really, where does it say we can't let our hair down and laugh a little? I fully believe that it's extremely healthy to cut loose and be immature and eccentric once in a while. I go to school, I have a job, I clean my house, I cook food, I shower daily, I pay bills, etc etc etc. And if my husband can go and play video games ALL night long without a moment of shut eye, I can parkour with my brother and cousin and play 'Just Dance' on the Wii until 2 am. Okay? Okay. And YOU CAN TOO. Or you could do something else that's also fun. (Parkour is kinda fun, I promise).

I was arguing with myself in my mind today about all this, and good ol' T. Swift came on my Cd player and just sealed the deal that sometimes it's good to not always be a grown up.

So...Go out and be a little immature and feel OK about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, no need to feel guilty! It's awesome that you know how to have so much fun!