Let me tell you about my Rad Dad.
My dad is Rad.
Handsome, too!
Cue childhood memories:
-I remember my dad letting me help him shift the car. I asked him how he knew when to shift, and he told me he could just tell by the sounds the car made. I tried really hard to hear those sounds, then decided it was just a really difficult thing to do and that my dad was super smart. (He is, by the way)
-I remember my dad coming home from work each day and shouting "Tamarino! My little bambino!"
-I remember when my dad helped me build an igloo. Really! I though it was the coolest thing ever.
-I remember my dad coming home from work each day and shouting "Tamarino! My little bambino!"
-I remember when my dad helped me build an igloo. Really! I though it was the coolest thing ever.
-I remember my dad mowing the lawns on Saturdays. I would swing on the swingset and make up songs about how perfect those days were.
-I remember my dad pouring salt crytals into the water softener. When he wasn't looking, I would try and sneak one because I liked to lick them. Gross.
-I remember having to wait for my dad to shower before we could go out and open Christmas presents. I was always so impatient, but never mad. It was just routine.
-I remember putting toothpaste in my mouth before bed so that I would have minty breath when my dad made me breathe on him to make sure I brushed my teeth. (Yet, I still haven't had a single cavity!)
-I remember always believing that when something broke, my dad would be able to fix it. I still do.
-I remember when my dad and I found a rock tumbler at a store. We spent a lot of time working on polishing rocks. I think it worked.
-I remember helping plant in the garden. I specifically remember eating radishes with salt with my dad. (Although I don't remember them tasting as bad as I think they do now).
-I remember going on "nature hunts". I always felt like my dad and I shared the bond of loving nature.
-I remember baking my first cake. I was so proud. And then I dropped it on the kitchen floor. My dad said "Nice!" and it made me cry. It makes me laugh now.
-I remember always trying to make people laugh (so maybe I still do). But I always got the most satisfaction out of making my dad laugh. (Yes, I still do).
My dad is strong, brave, hard-working, brilliant, hilarious, fun, and such a great example to me.
I love you dad.
(Too bad he doesn't read my blog...)
It took my dad a while to warm up to the idea of Ammon & I getting married. He's warm now. On our wedding day, he wrote "10:15" on Ammon's hand. That is the exact time we were pronounced husband and wife. It was a tender moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment