Father's day was a great day. Ammon and I wrote a song (to the tune of 'O, My Father') for my dad on the way to their house. I performed it on my guitar. It was a funny if I do say so myself.
Wednesday night, Ammon and I spent a much needed evening at home relaxing. We took turns reading The Hunger Games aloud. I convinced Ammon to read it and now he understands why I couldn't put the thing down. As we were reading we heard loud thunder. We went outside and sat in our grass and watched an extreme lightening storm completely surrounding us (I know now that it probably wasn't a safe idea). We have a great view of the foothills from our house and watched lightening strike the ground a few times. AWESOME! We then watched as the glowing orange rings of fires grew on the foothills. I've never wished for binoculars more than at that time. We finally went back inside as our house shook from thunder and light flashed in our windows for another hour or so. What a cool storm.
Thursday morning was ZOO DAY! I have wanted to go and experience the "Giraffe Encounter" for a long time. So we got up early in order to be the first ones at the zoo. I was as giddy as could be. We certainly were the first ones to the zoo, and proceeded to wait for half an hour before they would let us in. When it was finally time for feeding the giraffes, I thought I would explode. They gave us lettuce, and when that huge giraffe head came down to eat from my hand, I almost cried. Giraffes are so cool, but are even cooler when they lick your hand with their HUGE, black, tongues. 
I love those two^^^
Lions are majestic!
Goats are less majestic, but fun to feed.
We spent a majority of our zoo time right outside the Gibbons cage. The youngest was giving us a show, and we both decided we should probably get a pet monkey really soon. The butterfly exhibit was pretty stellar too. Quite a few butterflies landed on me, and a particularly stubborn one wouldn't get off. Who says the Boise zoo is lame? I quite enjoy it. We even topped the day off with cotton candy. Happy me.
BUT WAIT
Our third adventure this week was less fun. Due to a stinging sensation in my knee, I discovered that one of my veins was hugely swollen. It looked really strange. Figuring that it was some sort of bug bite, and it only throbbed a little, we didn't pay much attention to it. That evening while I was at work, I checked and was surprised by some crazy bruising where the swollen vein had been.
My leg ached. (Although I think some of it was in my head because I was getting paranoid). We guessed it was a blood clot because the Doc had recently told me to watch for them. Today I went to see the Doc and she reassured us it most likely isn't a blood clot. But what is this mysterious thing? No idea. But the Doc isn't concerned, so neither am I. They took my blood for some tests and sent me away.
This adventure is probably over. But it gave us both a little scare.
To top off this adventurous week, I'm going to the circus. (For work. Yes, my job rocks.)
I also ate Cajun Alfredo with extra Cajun. Adventurous!

1 comment:
Tamra, your narrations are so cute! And you guys are so cute! And you're so cute about giraffes...I think you get my point! :)
Post a Comment